Saturday, October 24, 2009

The making of the spooky very creepy dish

First, I dyed the regular spaghetti noodles with black food coloring.

It worked really well.
Just 2 tsp of the food coloring to the pot of water, dyed the noodles black.

Just right for the "spooky very creepy" dish.

Secondly, I made the eyeballs.
I used a regular pork meatball recipe, then pushed the olive slice into the center. After I baked them, I cut pieces of chedder cheese to insert into the center of the olive. Looks like a bunch of eyeballs ...sorta.

The last thing to do is put it all together with the red sauce.
I am using just a plain tomato sauce, no lumps of veg or whatever. I want it as smooth as it can be, so it looks like blood...the "Spooky, very creepy dish is just about ready!!
Well, not to scary, but definitely "spooky very creepy"!

No comments:

Post a Comment