Friday, October 23, 2009

Something creepy is about to happen

It's getting closer and closer, I can feel it.

I've got candy hidden away, hope I remember where soon, but not to soon or I'll end up eating it first :), the costumes are all made and ready to wear, my youngest son has finally settled on Wolverine, not my 1st choice, but it makes him happy, so ok. Arrangments have been set with friends for the joint trick or treating , and the yard art is on full display, so now I'm feeling pretty good, maybe even excited, about Halloween being just 8 days away.

We have a girl scout party tomorrow night, and everyone has been asked to prepare a "spooky very creepy food" to share with the other scouters and their families. So on that note, I've been scanning the halloween recipes on the web and asking my friends about their ideas. My friend Cami came up with a few good ones today and that really spurred my creative juices, so here I am writing away about it. I've decided on our "spooky very creepy food"...
I'm going to do some kind of pasta,probably spaghetti, dyed black with food grade dye and top it off with red sauce and some turkey meatballs with an olive slice pushed into it, to make it look like eyeballs.
Now, I've seen some pictures online that are sorta what I'm talking about, so I'll attach them, but I will change it out after I make up the "spooky very creepy food".

So, mix these 2 pictures for a visual of what I'm planning to cook up. This is going to be fun and hopefully yummy and maybe a little "spooky very creepy"!

No comments:

Post a Comment